A Tale of Two Kids
A quick introduction for those stray non-family members that might find this blog. I'm a working mom with two kids, Jordan who is five and Kaitlyn (aka Katie) who is three. My children are the only set of grandchildren for three sets of grandparents and also have four dotting uncles. Can we say spoiled!! Despite my best efforts, the kids have actually turned out to be great kids and an endless source of amusement.
January 01, 2007
Happy New Year!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!

As usual, my kids were spoiled rotten!! They had a wonderful Christmas!

It started on Christmas Eve with Little Grandma, Papa, Great Grandma & Great Grandad, Uncle Drew and Ronnie coming over for their traditional Christmas Eve festivities. We had a lovely time. Jordan was all about getting a present, it didn't even seem to matter what was in the present. Kaitlyn was the opposite. I had to take every single item out of the package so that she could play with each one and we had to encourage her to open another present.

Mellicent, her boyfriend Kevin and bestfriend Tin Tin joined us for Christmas morning and were sweet enough to bring us a Christmas morning feast. The present mayham continued. Midmorning Grandma Jo, Grandpa Skip, Uncle Ty, Uncle Ian and Michelle stopped by to see us. They only brought a few presents (the rest stayed at their house to be opened Boxing Day).

In the afternoon, Grandma Noreen, Grandpa Larry, Uncle Mike and Great Auntie Gay came for Christmas dinner. It was really nice to have my Mom and Auntie Gay there as they helped with the dinner prep and the feast was a surprisingly relaxed affair. Dinner was great and the kids were spoiled even more. Thanks so much Uncle Mike for the remote controlled MOUSE!! and the Rubix cube is a torture device (I will get even).

Boxing Day was a little more relaxed. I tried to get a sleep in, but Ty kept calling every 15 minutes. I think he was anxious for us to bring the kids over. To give you an idea just how spoiled my kids were, they have more garbage generated from their presents than most kids got in presents.

I'm posting some pics to the flickr thingy, so make sure you check them out!!

P.S. Jordan actually stayed up to ring in the new year with us. He's napping right now :-)
posted by Krista @ 3:07 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER